Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Get Involved at Rogers
Pastries with the Principal (once a month)
Grade Level Parent Meetings
Meetings for ESL parents
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Achieving Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
[Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases (ACE por sus siglas en Inglés)
Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo]
- Parent Guide (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Parents' Right To Know | Spanish
- El Derecho a Saber de los Padres (Versión en español)
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program. All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available.
This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student’s education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education. View the Surrogate Parent flyer.